Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Alex called home from Salt Lake City Airport!!


Talked to Alex today!!

I could hardly wait to wake up today!! I kept checking my phone to see if it was time ha ha. I knew that Alex would be calling me anywhere from 5am to 9am.  I was so very very excited!! He called alright. Everyone but Zachary who had left for school already got to talk to him, including my daycare babies who were more than thrilled to hear his voice! Of course, I stole him the most and couldn't have been happier to hear him tell us all about the MTC and his experiences. He mostly just kept wanting to know how everything was at home and church and Hazen and the day care kids. I wanted to hear all about him ha ha. So we kind of went back and forth.  One story that made me laugh several times today I just have to relate it here so I won't forget. I will put it on his blog too. He just cracks me up! 

There was a Devotional with Craig C. Christensen,  and Alex was late getting a seat with his companion. So they notice that right up at the front real close to where Elder Christensen was sitting that there were two empty seats.  So they thought they had scored big time and hurried up there to sit.  Well Alex was thrilled when Elder Christensen walked in because he was sitting so close, but part way through the Devotional they announced the Choir would now sing. All of a sudden the Choir Director is standing in front of Alex motioning for him to Stand and Sing. He about falls to the floor dying! He is NOT in the Choir, everyone KNOWS he not in the Choir and he doesn't havea  clue what they are singing. so he pretends to lip sync. It gets worse.  Not only once, but THREE times his face is nice and big on the Jumbo Tran since there were about 4000 missionaries in attendance!! He about died. Literally :) He said it was definitely his Most embarrassing moment!  

He also said that 35 missionaries were flying out to his Mission today. Wow! That is a lot! I found out today as well that his mission opened up new areas today for accommodation of the new ones. I know that he was going to get there at 9am, get picked up and driven to the Mission Home where he was going to be until 4pm when he was going to go to a Chapel there and they were all going to have a big meeting and get their Assignments. 

I can't hardly wait to know where he is! It is so strange that I won't know for about a week ;/ But I really feel calm and peaceful which is VERY unlike me, not knowing where my child is... But I am calm.. Now if some disaster strikes in his area.... Lets not go there :)