Thursday, June 20, 2013

May 21st 2013

Mom: THAT IS SOOO AWESOME ABOUT JORDAN GOING WITH THE ELDERS!!!! Haha that is awesome about Zachary also! and goodluck! That is great Brianna is sewing her own dress! Oh ya and mom I have been eating lots of California fruit it is great1 Holy Cow this was such a GREAT letter!! NICE! And I heard about James and his Dad that is awesome! When does Jordan he go to ASMSA? And sorry mom, I meant times are tough financially for the world.
 
         Things are great here in California! My Companion is getting transferred today (going home) he has been a great companion and has taught me a lot! He is a great Elder.  He has been packing and gave me some ties. I also inherited his fruit snacks. Last night we went over to 3 member families to say goodbye. We also got to say goodbye to a few others in the last few days. We also went over to the Bishops house to talk about the Ward. I will get my companion today in Vista, CA at about probably around 4:30.  This ward is awesome! I am enjoying it soo much. We have to also get to meet with the housing when we get a new companion so we will do that tomorrow.
         In sacrament meeting elder Clark gave his testimony and the spirit was pretty strong. He talked a little about Charity and other things.  It was a great sacrament meeting. We also had a sister who stood up and talked about the how the Holy Ghost prompted her to share a book of Mormon. And another man who gave a great talk on becoming the "uncommon man of Christ" It was based on the story where the Savior was asked; "What manner of Men ought we to be?" "Verily, I say unto you even as I am." Something like that. Anyways I have a while to go haha..a long ways.  It has been slightly warm outside however it is starting to cool down some more. We ride bikes Friday and Satudray and walk on Sunday. The work here is going great. The sprit is awesome. There are some cool people here that are helping us out. Trying to lose myself. We have a great Ward and Ward Council. Starting to love these people cant deny that. Oh ya and we had an awesome zone conference a while ago that was just awesome.
      Well, I have to go, we have transfers today so there are still a few more things we have to do! Lots of cool experiences but I should probably go! See ya! Lots of people who need the Gospel and they are ready here in Temecula!
Love,
Elder Thompson